Wednesday, July 24, 2013

So...what are we going to do?

When I decided to begin this blog; my main objective was to create a positive and productive outlet for myself and for my fellow educators. A tiny spot in cyberspace where like minds can continue to celebrate and build upon the work being done with young minds each day. A place where one can swim through powerful words and shared dreams rather than join the negative hype and blame game sensationalized by the media. We have spent years defending our purpose, our profession and ourselves. We have spoken up and out, signed petitions and even left our beloved profession. So, when I think of what different efforts must be made-I think about what I would teach and guide my students or my two boys to do when facing adversity...or bullies. I know I have taught them to hold their heads high and to "use their words" in a calm and respectful manner. I have taught them to persevere and to perform at their very best-100% at all times! For at the end of the day, there is no greater feeling and reward than to look at your reflection and know that YOU are guiding our future citizens, voters and even politicians! So...what are we going to do?(Please share, because this issue needs some serious FRESH AIR!)

1 comment: