Monday, July 29, 2013

Bulletin Board Border & Books = teacher excitement!

I have noticed that nobody loves the approach of the new school year more than...A TEACHER! You guys know exactly what I am talking about! You can see us "ostrich style" with our heads in the Target bin; searching for a WHOLE class set of crayons, pencils or themed anything! You can hear us ooh-ing and ahh-ing over a colleague's "fancy" dry erase markers or "ADORABLE" bulletin board border! We REALLY like school and all things new,inspiring and FRESH! This is just another example of what I know to be the 'Spirit of Teaching' and what I want to continue feeling throughout the school year-not just in early August. If you are anything like me, you LOVE books too! When the days get busy and I want to know more and be informed or just need to add some pep into my educator step-I go to the books! Here are just a few books that I have read recently that have my head swimming with excitement from their inspiring words and bold ideas: *The Courage To Teach-Parker J.Palmer *How Children Succeed-Paul Tough *The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership-John C. Maxwell *The Leader In Me-Stephen Covey (Really, anything by Stephen Covey!) *The End of Molasses Classes-Ron Clark (ANYTHING by Ron Clark!) *Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire-Rafe Esquith *Light Their Fires-Rafe Esquith (and I can't WAIT to get my hands on his new book that has the motto "No Retreat, No Surrender"...you really can't go wrong with that kind of energy!)Enjoy Tax Free weekend NC teachers-see you in the Target bins! I hope you enjoy this list of beautiful books like I have and please add to it-my Amazon Wish List could use a few fresh titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment