Saturday, August 31, 2013

1st week BLISS...

First week of the 2013-2014 school year-done! Yes, success. A whirlwind of lost everything-sweatshirts, shoes (for the wee ones...and actually one goofy 4th grader), lunches (the anxiety must have been high for kiddos, too-that nurse's line was L-O-N-G) and a few good teachers surely lost their minds for a moment...or six! So many new and returning faces; waiting to take in every moment with all 5 senses! Leaning in to listen to each word that comes from their teacher's mouth, touching and tapping (all surfaces-desks, walls, their seat neighbors), tasting lunches (chocolate milk excitement never gets old...never), and the wide eyes darting everywhere to take it all in. I looked at my principal at one point, with the sounds of excitable energy coming from every classroom and said "I love this place-I'm never leaving." My job-the place where 'WORK HARD-PLAY HARD' happens at the same time....feeling pretty FRESH!

No comments:

Post a Comment