Monday, August 12, 2013

apps-loving the learning!

What are your favorite apps for education? For you? For the kiddos? I have my Ipad sectioned off into categories; math, reading, character ed, organization, yoga & mindfulness, entertainment and just plain "FUN"! Some of my favorites? ClassDojo (BIG favorite of teachers that I work with to monitor specific behaviors and to provide immediate feedback to students), StickyNotes (paperless post-its), ZENSpace (rock/sand garden-take 5 minutes and you feel brand new!), TED (you can save your faves too!), and I never leave home without a device with a Kindle app on it. Some of the kiddos' favorites are: Math Zombies, BrainPop, RocketSpeller and really any math or spelling game that has creatures-lights and noise! It is always good to have that handy and engaging educational game, puzzle or silly cat noise piano to end a day of hard work. Every once in a while I will plant myself on the couch, turn on a mindless show, grab a tech tool (Ipad,tablet,etc...) and search for WHATEVER is needed to make the day better or brighter! The additional bonus and fun challenge? Find them for free-I haven't paid for one yet. What are your favorite apps? Any other engaging activities/ideas to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment